Letter I wrote to my new daughter Keira

Keira,


I found out I was pregnant when I was 7 weeks along. Daddy and I were so happy and excited. But, the true excitement hit me when I found out you were a girl. I had wanted a baby girl my whole life. The first thing I did after calling everyone I knew was went out shopping to buy your first dress. I hung it in the closet and would stare at it and wonder what you would look like in it.

After 9 months of such anticipation of your arrival, the day was finally here. You were only one day past your due date. Daddy and I rushed to the hospital and after 16 hours of labor I ended up having an emergency c section. You were pushing on the umbilical cord and it was lowering your heartbeat. I had never been so scared in my life. 6 nurses rushed in the room and told the family to leave, then rushed me to surgery. I just kept thinking, what if you don’t make it? It was the biggest and happiest relief once I heard you cry. I knew everything was ok. Daddy just kept saying “she’s perfect”; “she’s so perfect”.

You were born on July 21st and weighed 6lbs and 12.5 oz. You were 13 inches long and had beautiful light brown hair and blue eyes. I have never in my life seen anything so beautiful. You look just like your daddy but you have my lips, fingers and toes.

We decided to name you Keira Suri. Daddy and I made a list of names and daddy came up with Keira. We thought it was the perfect name for our little angel.

Finally, you are home and our family is complete. Our home is filled with so much love. I lay you on top of my belly and just cannot believe that you were just inside of it. You were the little one who was kicking me for all of those months.

You make the funniest and cutest faces. You smile at just two weeks old. We lay there and stare at you for hours. It’s just such a miracle to us that you are here.
You are so beautiful and perfect. Daddy says it all day long.

I want you to know that you and are the best thing that has ever happened to both myself and daddy.

We love you more than anything in this world and will always make sure that you are happy and safe.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment